IF YOU’VE READ MY ABOUT PAGE, YOU KNOW THAT MONEY PRODIGY IS NOT ONLY A PASSION OF MINE, BUT A VERY PERSONAL TOPIC FOR ME.
I have a kid as well, and even though he's barely a year old, I've got desires for him when it comes to his future money management.
Even though he cannot yet walk, his future life sometimes unfurls in front of me and I'd like to think I'm touching that future in part by the things I'm teaching him now and in the years to come.
So I'm building Money Prodigy with both your child and my child in mind.
WHAT EXACTLY AM I HOPING TO TEACH YOUR CHILD + MINE ABOUT MONEY?
A Money Prodigy has the following 5 characteristics:
Understands how to make money grow, and pairs this with a good work ethic for making money.
I'm dedicating a significant amount of my time to turning your child + many other children into Money Prodigies.
So let's get a little more personal than that.
I WROTE THIS LETTER TO MY KID, CONNER, SO THAT BOTH HE AND YOU CAN BE REALLY CLEAR ON WHAT I’M TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH HERE.
First of all, your father and I are just so proud of you. You've been a blessing in our lives, a gift we prayed for, and then waited for (10 months) and then really waited for (40 weeks and 4 days, to be exact).
Money is nothing to you at the moment, and is specifically much less important than, say, your rubber snake you love to carry around, or the cat toy we can't seem to part from your little, chubby hands.
But money is going to play a major role in your life, both when we are there to help you with it, and when we can no longer be there for you.
Since your mother is a bit of a money-geek, I thought I'd write down what I want for you.
- To know that, yes, you must work hard in life to get money…but you can also watch your money grow with some awesome management.
- To make it through life's many seasons with money not being the driving factor behind each of your decisions and choices.
- To be able to help others from a strong money situation yourself.
- To learn some solid money foundations you can fall back on for when the sh*t hits the fan.
- To be able to handle the money your father and I leave you.
- To feel ease around money, never afraid, and never intimidated. After all, it's just another tool.
- To stay out of the debt cycle, or at least to not enter into it blindly.
- To be independent from your father and I after finishing college (we love you, Son, but it is in your best interest to spread your wings).
- To have a great handle on your money and be able to extract as much life enjoyment as possible no matter what your paycheck is.
- To save for your future, and to know the value of doing so.
- To be an independent thinker with some entrepreneurial spirit in you.
It's a tall order, especially since you're still in cloth diapers. But we've got years to work on this together. So don't fret.
Just know that we love you, no matter the size of your bank account, no matter the mistakes you are going to make, and no matter, really, anything.
Mama Bear + Papa Bear
ARE YOU READY TO GET STARTED WITH MONEY PRODIGY?
Have your kid(dos) solve money puzzles tonight at dinner in order to breakout their dessert! Get your hands on the biggest reason why you won't need to beg your kids to sit down to dinner tonight, the Dessert Breakout Box: Avalanche Edition>>.